|The Chakra correspondence for the Wheel of Fortune is the Throat Chakra|
According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. ~ Jerry Seinfeld
Astrologically, The Wheel of Fortune corresponds to Jupiter, King of Gods. He is the magnanimous and benevolent ruler who prompts us to take action when an opportunity comes our way. He brings good fortune but also causes us to go to extremes and to overindulge.
Timing is usually an issue when the Wheel shows up. However, unless we are centred and focused, our timing is likely to be off and the opportunity will be gone... forever.
So what about the connection with the Throat chakra?
The Wheel is all about taking risks and very little feels riskier to most of us than expressing our truth.
The lesson to centre comes in handy here. When we are centred we become the Observer and are able to detach from our habit to compare ourselves to others as well as the need to be right. Everything just is and everything is OK. In this space we realise that we risk nothing by being true to ourselves and in this space we own our own divinity.
A person described by the Wheel is charismatic, confident and creative. They speak their truth and in doing so, they inspire others to do the same. An example of such a person among the Court Cards would be the King of Wands (Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter). On the other hand, the King of Wands is also known to occasionally suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.
Jupiter is also the old ruler of the deeply intuitive Water sing Pisces. Here, the timing of when to speak and when to keep silent is entirely ruled by intuition. On the downside, Pisces may be overly concerned with what everyone else is thinking and feeling as they act as psychic sponges. The overindulgence aspect of Jupiter is seen in Pisces in the form of a tendency toward addictions.
To find out what the Wheel of Fortune card means in love and relationship readings click HERE.
Element: Fire + Water
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius + Pisces
Chakra: Throat chakra
Crystal: Blue sapphire, blue lace agate, lapis lazuli, aquamarine, amethyst, topaz, sugilite
Body: Vitality levels in general, the feet (Pisces) and hips (Sagittarius), brings a sense of optimism that is beneficial to the process of recovering from any illness
Exercise: Horse riding, le parcours
Stance: The Wheel Pose (followed by Child's Pose)
Magickal Tool/Ingredient: The index finger
Associated Major Arcana Cards (through numerology): The Magician and The Sun
Associated Minor Arcana Cards: All cards associated with Jupiter (these are the minors to use in the Healing Key Spread).
- 2 of Disks (Jupiter in Capricorn). Healing is gained by getting organised and not being afraid of creating new structures when we outgrow the old ones.
- 6 of Wands (Jupiter in Leo). Healing comes through supreme self-confidence and not being afraid to shine.
- 9 of Cups (Jupiter in Pisces). Healing comes from gratitude and being content with what we have.
- 4 of Swords. (Jupiter in Libra). Healing is found in creating harmonious relationships.
- 8 of Swords. (Jupiter in Gemini) Liberating our minds by allowing for opposing views without judgement brings healing.
Remedies - to increase the energy of the Wheel in your life:
- You can make a tarot essence to harness and increase the energy of the Wheel, using the Wheel of Fortune card of your choice, along with any of the crystals above that you feel drawn to work with. There is plenty of information on the healing properties for each of the crystals available online.
- Placing the Wheel card over your throat chakra in meditation will liberate you and give you discernment about how to best express your truth, as well as about the best timing for it (Learn more about Tarot Healing meditation HERE.)
- Do something you have been dying to do, right now!
- Leap over fire or a beck
- Generously compliment people and give them gifts
- Ask yourself 'Does this make my energy expand or contract?' before making a choice.
- Tell yourself you're lucky.
- Say 'Yes!' the next time someone asks you to speak in front of a group of people.
Affirmation: "I define myself and my expression is a true reflection of who I am."
- Spend time in meditation, becoming the Observer
- Keep a journal
- Sit with your back against a tree and do nothing for a while
- Get involved in an arts and craft project that requires great attention to detail
- Give up an addiction
- Centre and ground your energy using the breath
- Spend a day in complete silence
- Lie in Child's Pose
N.B. Always seek medical assistance for recurring and/or worrying symptoms. These remedies are not meant to replace medication or the advice of your GP.
Did you enjoy this post? Sharing is caring... Share the love on Twitter, StumblUpon, Facebook, G+, tumblr etc... Thanks!
Angel Starlight Blessings,